Activ People HR: This covers any of the hosted Activ software solutions this includes: Activ Absence, Activ Appraisals, Activ Documents, Activ Handbook, Activ Training and any other Activ solution under the Activ People HR brand.
The Services: The Activ People HR application hosting, maintenance, backup and support.
The Customer: The company and its employees using the Service and Activ People HR.
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) outlines the unacceptable use of Activ People HR applications and any interaction with the Services.This Policy is in addition to any other terms and conditions under which Codel Software Ltd provides the services.Codel Software Ltd may make reasonable modifications to this Policy from time to time by posting a new version of this document on the Activ People HR web site at “http://www.activpeoplehr.co.uk/terms ” (or any successor URL(s)). Revisions are effective immediately upon posting.
The examples listed in this Policy are not exhaustive. Prohibited uses and activities include, without limitation, any use of the Services in a manner that, in Codel Software Ltd reasonable judgment, involves, facilitates, or attempts any of the following:
- violating any law, or committing conduct that is tortuous or unlawful in, any applicable jurisdiction;
- accessing, sending, receiving, displaying, performing, disclosing, storing, or executing any Content a) in violation of any copyright, right of publicity, patent, trademark, service mark, trade name, trade secret or other intellectual property right, b) in violation of any applicable agreement, or c) without authorization;
- deleting or altering author attributions, copyright notices, or trademark notices, unless expressly permitted in writing by the owner;
- obtaining unauthorized access to any data, system, network, service, or account;
- interfering with service to any user, site, account, system, or network by use of any program, script, command, or otherwise;
- introducing or activating any viruses, worms, harmful code and/or Trojan horses;
- holding The Service, Codel Software Ltd, its affiliates, officers, employees up to public scorn or ridicule; and/or re-selling The Service in whole or in part, to any entity or individual, without Codel Software Ltd prior written consent, or misrepresenting your relationship with Codel Software Ltd.
Security and Privacy
Any Login names and passwords must be kept secret and not communicated to any third party. Codel Software Ltd must be notified immediately if they are compromised. If a customer forgets or loses their password, they will need to use the online password reset or contact their data controller.
The Customers are responsible for all traffic that is sent from their account and It is therefore The Customer’s responsibility to ensure that all software is virus-free and up-to-date with all relevant security patches. If Codel Software Ltd become aware of suspicious traffic or content related to a customer account, Codel Software have an obligation to our other customers to take urgent measures to block that traffic. This involve suspending the account access until the issue has been resolved. Codel Software Ltd understand that in many cases a customer may not be responsible for or aware of the problem, and therefore will work with The Customer to resolve the issue as efficiently as possible to restore normal service.
It is The Customers responsibility as the Data Controller to obtain and maintain records of the consent from their employees regarding any personal data held within Activ People HR.
This Policy will be reviewed annually and updated as necessary. The management team endorses this policy and is fully committed to its implementation.
Codel Software Ltd do not have any contractual responsibility to monitor any customer activity and we hereby disclaim any responsibility for any misuse of Activ People HR.
If you have questions about this Policy (e.g. whether any contemplated use is permitted) and reports of violations of this AUP should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org