The workflow for the appraisal process consists of a number of possible stages, most of which can be enabled or disabled depending on your needs:
- Self Assessment – mandatory first stage of the process is the employee feedback via the self assessment form. The form can consist of questions, objectives and competencies to ensure feedback is collected on all relevant aspects of the appraisal process.
- Appraiser Input – usually takes place after face-to-face discussion between the appraiser and the appraisee, this stage allows the appraiser to provide their own feedback on the appraisee’s performance, including progress of objectives, competency scoring and 360 feedback review.
- Co-signatory Sign Off – optional stage involving a third party (configurable on the appraisee’s profile), who reviews the input from the appraisee and appraiser and either accepts or rejects the appraisal. If it’s rejected (the co-signatory disagrees with a competency score from the appraiser, for example), the appraisal will be pushed back to the appraiser with the rejection comments, to allow them to make the necessary updates.
- HR Sign Off – optional stage. Similar to the Co-signatory stage – except instead of a specific person, anyone with HR level of access can accept or reject the appraisal.
- Sent to Appraisee – the appraisee reviews the complete appraisal form and either accepts or rejects it (if rejected, the appraisal is pushed back to the appraiser).
- Completed – once all input is complete and accepted by all parties, the appraisal process is complete.
The appraisal form itself can consist of a number of possible sections, including:
- Appraisee Questions – this section consists of configurable questions answered by the appraisee during the self assessment stage of the process, allowing the appraiser to review feedback from the appraisee and add their own comments if required.
- Appraiser Questions – questions for the appraiser can be configured and will be displayed in this section to allow the appraiser to provide specific feedback.
- Objectives – displays all current and new objectives for the appraisee, allowing the appraiser to review the status of the current objectives and set new ones for the future. Any interim reviews since the last end of year appraisal will also be listed here.
- Competencies – applicable competencies (core/technical/etc.) for the appraisee will be listed here to allow the appraiser to score the appraisee on different aspects of their performance.
- 360 Feedback – any 360 Feedback reviews that have been submitted for the appraisee since the last end of year review will be listed here so the appraiser can also read comments from the appraisee’s peers. #
- Absence Review – if the Activ Absence module is enabled, absence data can be pulled through (for example, absence trends and Bradford Factor score) to be incorporated into the review process.
- Appraisee Skills – if the Activ Training module is enabled, a review of the appraisee’s skills can be included in the appraisal process (based on their role and skill configuration in Activ Training), allowing the skill levels to also be reviewed and updated if required.
- Attachments – files can be uploaded by the appraisee or the appraiser to support their review comments (e.g. evidence of objective completion).
- Other Comments – anything else the appraisee or appraiser wants to comment on.